“Procrastination is opportunity’s assassin.” – Victor Kiam
Even though we may not always recognize them, opportunities are flying past our eyes every minute of the day. The only way to achieve success is to notice those potentially life-changing opportunities as they present themselves – and to ACT ON THEM!
There are three main reasons why people fail:
- they are too busy focusing on something else to recognize the opportunity
- they have their eyes and ears switched off to any possibilities around them
- they recognize the opportunity, and its potential for them, BUT they put it off to another day when they are ready to follow through with it!
“Procrastination is opportunities’ assassin”.
- Either by the time they get around to pursuing the opportunity, it is too late and the opportunity has passed.
- They never actually get around to it, because other things have come up (probably put on hold also.)
- The perfect preparation they are waiting for never eventuates. The opportunity stagnates and dies.
Don’t be a procrastinator!
Realize that conditions will never be perfect. Get started on the opportunity straight away – you can always modify things along the way.
Follow these steps:
- Be on the lookout for opportunities which may arise around you.
- Recognize an opportunity and check whether it fits in to your life goals.
- If it fits in, is it more important than what you are spending time on at the moment?
- If yes, put your full energy into following the new opportunity – straight away.
- If no, put it aside and continue pursuing the important tasks you are already engaged in.
- Don’t dwell on a “missed opportunity” – others will come up if you are in receptive mode.
Don’t procrastinate! Prioritize according to your goals and get stuck straight in!
Powered By Famous Inspirational Quotes